Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Who the hell am I?

Well this is my first blog post. I've started several blogs and always let them lapse. I think the trick is finding something you want and like to write about it. Weight loss has consumed my life for over a year now. This journey is definately not done either.
Let me back up a little. Around May of 2011 I discovered this gem of a website called myfitnesspal. I was immediately hooked and got my sis and hubby to join as well. Fast forward to December and I had lost a minimal amount, maybe 15 lbs. I have tracked and logged in every day since then but was not very serious in November/December. Again, fast forward to February and I discovered the social side of the website. Much life FB, you could add friends, comment on their status, wall and food journals.
It might be odd to say that a website caused me to reevalute my life, but I really feel it did. I was a fat, miserable married Mom who suddenly started getting attention from the opposite sex. I should also say that a bout of the stomach flu helped me drop ten lbs and that was the spark I needed to get going. Anyway, I met someone online and we had fun getting to know each other. I don't really want this blog to be about my marriage (too depressing) more so my weight loss but the two are pretty intermingled. Long story short, I asked for a divorced in February and the rest has kinda been downhill since.
So moving along to weight loss, it is now December 7 and to date I have lost 53 lbs. My highest loss was in August at 58 lbs I attribute that to having a month off work and being able to exercise an insane amount. Never in a million years did I think I would be capable of losing this much weight. Sometimes I forget just how much I have lost and how much better I feel. I've been struggling the last several months. I gain a few lbs, lose a few lbs. It's daily fucking struggle, that I wish was over already.

No comments:

Post a Comment